GCI was commissioned by the Queensland Government and Brisbane City Council, via TransLink, to undertake a strategic review of kerbside allocations within the Brisbane CBD. This study shared its finding with the Bus Access Capacity Inner City Study (BACICS).
- Review of existing kerbside road space allocation within the CBD
- Review of existing and planned bus network changes within a broader inner city area
- Identification and analysis of options
- This project helped develop service changes associated with the commissioning of the Inner Northern Busway and informed responses to kerbside impacts associated with several key development sites
- Extensive consultation with various stakeholders including bus, coach, taxi and commercial interests