This work aimed to extend the Integrated Transport and Land Use Inner City Strategy (ITALICS) and Western Brisbane Transport Network Investigation (WBTNI). It identified options for achieving bus priority between the western suburbs and the Brisbane CBD, including interchange opportunities. This investigation examined three of the five potential crossings of the Brisbane River that were identified by the ITALICS report.
- Detailed analysis of existing land use, and potential opportunities for complementary land use and transport outcomes
- Developed and evaluated bus priority options
- Developed concept planning layouts, longitudinal sections and station arrangements
- Provided indicative cost plans associated with each of the options
- Identified opportunities for busway-style stations within the heart of the Indooroopilly and Toowong activity centres with potential to redefine both of these key western centres
- Identified opportunities for multi-modal integration (bus/rail/metro) at each of the activity centres of Indooroopilly and Toowong that may warrant more detailed engineering and network investigation (beyond the scope of this study)